We need volunteers at these specific times and days
*Tuesday 9:00 am-12:00 pm & 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
*Wednesdays 9:00 am-12:00 pm & 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
*Thursdays 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 12:00 pm -5:00 pm
*Saturdays 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
*Sundays 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Please note the need for volunteers may periodically change slightly from the times/days listed above.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give..." ~Winston Churchill
Please click here to download the Volunteer Form
Volunteers are an essential part of all our programs. DCLA volunteers willingly give their time, energy, support and hearts to those in need. We embrace all those who volunteer with the greatest of appreciation. They don’t get paid because they are all priceless!
We are actively seeking volunteers to help with lessons, horse care, fundraising, and other organizational tasks.You do not need to have any experience with horses to help out. We will provide the necessary training for you to be a growing part of our organization. We ask that you try and commit to volunteering on a regular basis so our riders and staff have as much consistency as possible.
Dream Catcher is committed to establishing, maintaining and delivering professional programs designed to enhance the lives of those individuals with physical, social, educational, or psychological challenges. We provide the highest quality services to the individuals who can benefit from the programs we offer. Our staff members have degrees in areas of Special Education, Physical Therapy, and Psychology, with additional specialized training and certification in Therapeutic Riding and Hippotherapy.
Our goal is to help individuals succeed and miracles to happen!
We have many individuals of all ages that have "special challenges" ranging from those with physical, intellectual, emotional, and social needs, along with those who have suffered from a trauma or are recovering from injury.
We work with individuals and their families to provide the best services possible.
Your help is greatly appreciated in enriching the lives of others through horses and humans.
• Reliability, Patience, Comfortable around horses, Ability to establish rapport and gain confidence of rider
and ability to take and follow directions
• Comfort and safety of the rider, Walk beside the rider providing physical support as needed, reinforce instructor's directions and be constantly alert to the possible need for instantaneous help
• Leading a horse in a lesson (leader) • Assisting a student in lessons (side~walker)
• Grooming / Tacking a horse for a lesson Exercising our Horses• Horse Shows
• Public Relations• Fundraising • Volunteer Recruitment, Photography and Video • Board Member
• Committee Member • Newsletter
Copyright 2015 Dreamcatcher of Los Angeles Therapeutic Riding Centers (c) All rights reserved.